There’s a ton of new API code that’s pretty much ready, but unfortunately it’s not quite live yet. We just need to do a few more tests and then we will push it (hopefully like today or tomorrow).
The last endpoint I implemented was the users endpoint. It went pretty smoothly. The one notable thing was that I made the first non-backwards API change, which was to remove the user list as an API endpoint. I couldn’t think of a reasonable use for browsing all the amara users, but please tell me if there is one.
The other notable change was in the browser endpoint view. I added a checkbox for all optional fields when doing a POST/PUT. By default it’s checked, but you can uncheck it to not send that field.
One thing that I always found very strange about APIv2 was how it treated several values: the absence of a field, the value being the empty string, the value being null, and the value the string “null”. In some endpoints it would treat those things as being the same and others would treat them as distinct. If you rely on that behavior, please test it out.