Updates to amara.org:
- #780 Finalize Keyboard Shortcuts and Displayed Help text
- #514 Editor: Implement new instructions design
- #1228 New editor: line break ignored in line length calculation
- #1231 Support clickable URL’s in Team Application
- #1255 Update wording for the guided step 2 in new editor
- #1256 Possible to Approve incomplete subtitles
Most of changes are related to improvements to the new editor which we are working to move out of beta and switch over to using it as the primary editor in the near future.
These updates included a lot of changes to the text strings, and we are hoping that our multilingual users can help us with the translations via our project on transifex.
We would like to give a huge thank you to Tom at Pixelogic who has been generously giving us his time and talent to help make improvements to the amara interface. He was a huge help in the redesign of the keyboard shortcuts section pictured above.
Lastly, if you haven’t tried the new editor and would like to, you can get there from the current editor by clicking the Save and open in new editor link.
Changes pushed to production:
- #1138 New editor: ensure a backup copy of subtitles gets saved locally every minute
- #1171 New editor: support FLV videos
- #1253 Limit login redirect to only our sites
- #1254 Protect amara from clickjacking
- #1244 flowplayer does not show control bar in embedder
- #1251 Updating flowplayer
- #1208 Issues displaying video embeds in multiple browser windows (chrome)
- #1217 Popcorn update
And we’d like to make a special thanks to Salmon Khan Champion founder of DezignBurg.com for reporting security issues #1253 and #1254 via the security page.
Changes pushed to amara.org Saturday, Feb 8th.
- #1195 New editor: quotes, apostrophes etc. get escaped
- #751 Instruct users how to save downloaded backup for their subtitles
- #1125 Implement brightcove video player
A few notes on these changes. In issue #751 we are using Filesaver.js to automatically save a downloaded backup file (subtitle_backup.dfxp) for users to easily upload later in the event of a save failure. This currently does work on Safari, so those users will see the copy / paste dialog and be prompted to save.
Issue #1195 was the result of some fallout after we had implemented some urgent changes to fix a security flaw. For users whose subtitles were affected by this issue, you can either edit your subtitles and save a new version or let us know. We’re working on a script to fix affected data.
We’d also like to remind all users that we are committed to maintaining and improving security in amara. The footer of each amara page contains a link to our security page. If you discover a vulnerability, please report it to us via this link. We will fix it as quickly as possible and publicly recognize your contribution.
Updates to amara, deployed Thursday, January 23rd.
- #1080 – Move the edit title and description prompts in the new editor.
- #1015 – Stabilize the embedder links and make use of iframes for the beta transcript viewer.
- #1168 – Update default filter selection for team member task assignments.
- #1158 - Create a public landing page for private open and application teams.
- #1151 – Send http notification ping after approvals via the new editor.
- #1133 – Errors downloading subtitles with the video title contained certain characters.
- #959 – Label revisions created in the new editor as beta editor.
- #850 – Fix broken links to profile pages where the username contains spaces.
- #720 – Don’t create new translation tasks when saving post-publish edits.